Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Eggs


Happy Easter to Everyone from Green River Deer Farm.



Easter Eggs are a symbol of the Resurrection or of new life.


Here is a photo, of natural colored eggs, from different breeds of chickens.
                   (no need to color eggs here)



(L-R)  Araucana lay blue and green eggs
Leghorns lay white eggs
Welsummer lay dark brown eggs
Dominques lay tinted eggs
Buff Orpingtons lay light brown eggs
and the last two are from a candy machine


I sure had fun taking this photo, keeping the cats and dogs away and hoping
the baby chick didn't run and hide and then I got to eat the dark brown ones.


Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the naturally colored eggs. The seeds of the country must been planted in you when you were a child; back in Crystal lake. I loved Gramma's cottage there, next to the tall corn fields. I love the sound of your farm. I would like 33-5 acres and fixer upper. So I can have my mini-farm. I don't have enough son or enough ground for planting. I have a little greenhouse and growing seedlings now. Cheers,

    Love,

    Uncle Dennis

    ReplyDelete