Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Solstice

Ah summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.
Sound familiar? as much as I say I won't complain about the heat, every year, I do.
But summer time is the best time!

Summer Solstice
The first day of summer is finally here
Friends, family, fun and beer
This is the longest day of the year

sunrise is 6:15 am
sunset is 9:04 pm
14 hours and 49 minutes of fun, hoeing, chopping, sweating, drinking a gallon of sweet tea,
pick'n a gallon of blackberries and a cool swim if I'm lucky enough to get down to the lake.


here are some photos from my summer day


Mr. steer wants my bucket, which he thinks is full of grain, but it just has a bunch of blackberries.



Lilies are looking lovely.
The white trumpet with the yellow center
is called, Lilium Black Dragon
found in China in 1900.




The Beautiful Green River Lake
is waiting for me to jump in and splash.




2 comments:

  1. Sweet view of the lake. Want to jump in right now. Ever catch any fish? Edible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fishing on the lake is good. We get catfish, bass, redear, crappie
    and others. We filet and fry and eat'm with cole slaw.

    ReplyDelete