Friday, September 27, 2013

Food in Jars

My Pantry with Glass Jars of Food.

 











A cupboard today

 

Glass jars  > plastic.
Why not plastic? Start with petrochemicals, then move on to estrogenic chemicals and endocrine disruptor's, you get the picture, why I choose glass.
Glass has been used for thousands of years with no health concerns while plastic has many concerns affecting our health.







A Pantry from the late 1800's










 


Grains & Granola kept in jars.
 

Glass allows the food colors and textures to show. It no wonder we've progressed from open shelving to cupboards allowing us to hide all that junk food and plastic from view.






2 comments:

  1. How exciting to go to the pantry for the next jar of jam, beans, beets or whatever suits your fancy. We have a pantry of Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, and Grape Jams & Jellies, Apple Butter and Canadian Peaches. We also have some peppers and Deli beans. I am going to try to can some green tomatoes; I hear they are excellent. We freeze our stewed tomatoes and green beans, wax beans and broccolli. Have fun. (I need my farm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, very satisfying & gratifying to grab a jar full of beauty & nutrition for our body & soul.

    ReplyDelete