Friday, February 17, 2012

Arrowheads

My oldest antique which I found are the arrowheads.

I was planting lettuce down on the green river bottom land
when I saw a pink arrowhead.
I'm growing food where the Indians were camping and hunting.



Indian arrowheads found on our land
where the green river flows


I did a little reading and learned that Kentucky was an Indian hunting ground.
It was not permanently occupied by any tribes.
Kentucky land was considered sacred and the Indians lived elsewhere and
called this land  "The Great Meadows".
Tribes that crossed from Ohio to Tennesse and over to Virginia were the
Shawnee, Cherokee, Osage and Yuchi.
My arrowheads could be a minimum of 300 years old to thousands of years old.

1 comment:

  1. There's probably all sorts of artifacts buried around your land, besides the arrowheads!

    ReplyDelete