Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Garden is all Planted!


June 5th and we're all done planting the garden and the corn field.  Yeah.

Now its time to sit back and watch it grow.   ya right

Now we chop and hoe and chop and hoe.

First to plant was the lettuce and last to plant were the peppers.



The beginning of a bountiful garden.

Planted 4 rows of Early Sunglow corn from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
www.southernexposure.com  a farm located near Monticello in Virginia.

Planted lots of heirloom seeds from lazy housewife beans to wild arugula.

Also planted lots of tall marigold, zinnia and cosmos, as these annuals are easy growers.

Happy growing.





Flowers always give you a smile:)

The same garden 60 days later.

Sow & Reap.


Reality is:

You reap what you
plow, disk, hill, sow, cultivate, fertilize,
chop, hoe, water
harvest, can & store.



4 comments:

  1. Looks exciting. You plant a great variety. How much fun you have. I need more ground like you have. I have mine planted as well. I will post soon on my blog. Maybe later today. I think my pole beans popped in four days. Amazing.

    Something is eating my broccoli; probably slugs. Any solutions for me. Not white butterflies. I am using Savin but not solution.

    Unfortunately I had to set a trap for the chipmunks eating up all my Iris rhizomes. Then I caught a little Opossum and he was just stuck and I let him go. He crawled away. Hope he lived. I guess I just have to move to the country where I can have enough Iris to enjoy and enough for the animals too. Balance.

    Good gardening to you.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, we all put a dust on the beans and cabbage/broccoli, I think it is a B.T. 4 days is amazing for the beans to pop! did you soak them overnight?
      We found an old house falling down and dug up some old blue iris with an intoxicating fragrance, and replanted them near the house. Can't wait until next Spring to smell them again :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you found heirloom seeds. I just took an adventure with my herb professor to an organic farm and learned all about herbal crops too. There is so much you can do with your farmland! I will keep you posted on what I learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A.G. already?
      Herbs are a gift to us, and you are so lucky to be learning about them :)

      Delete