Thursday, August 2, 2012

Perennial Vegetables


After a long winter, fruits and nuts and herbs come back to grow again,
but the vegetables need to be replanted every Spring.
Wouldn't a garden be a paradise if all veggies were perennial.
No need to sow every year. Just watch'em come up and grow.
We all would have a home garden.
Well, lucky for us there are just a few vegetables, depending on what zone you garden in, that
are perennial.

Here in Kentucky, in my garden, I have a few, that come up year after year.

Rhubarb: one the the hardiest & easiest vegetables to grow
It is also the first veggie to eat in Spring.

Another is asparagus, which I have not planted. Maybe next Spring, I'll get the chance to.

Quite a sight for an awesome vegetable.



For a few winters, the leeks have come back growing without replanting.
I'll consider them a perennial vegetable.
                                               Mine are the thinner leeks, like a big scallion.




So, I've got 3 perennial vegetables.  That leaves me to replant only 22.

1 comment:

  1. Those green onions look incredible!! xoxo, Laura

    ReplyDelete